South Shields Emergency Locksmith
Call now: 0191 454 3003
Mobile: 07799 667768 / 075000 79688
Christmas is drawing ever closer which can become a magnet for a thief. With the family presents being stacked up in your house, nothing would be worse than an unwanted visitor making off with your treasured items.
As the nights draw in and the weather becomes inclement, find here some top-tips to secure your home against a
1. Make it harder for a thief to hide from view. Trim down your hedges, trees & bushes.
2. Light up the exterior of your house. Keep these areas well lit, especially near doors or at the rear of a house where a thief will do most of their work. Consider Security lights or PIR (passive-infra-red)lighting. Nowadays these are readily available off the shelf and can be installed with the minimum of fuss. Consider an LED version to keep electricity costs to a minimum. Or a light connected to an internal alarm for warning
3. Don't leave items in your garden that can help the thief break in. Items such as spades or pitch-forks, brick & ladders
4. Fit anti-climb spikes or anti-climb paint
5. Consider a CCTV option to protect your home 24/7/365
Web Design By H5ive
TEXT LOCKSMITH to 07799667768 for your FREE NO OBLIGATION Locksmith Call Back.
TWO THIRDS OF HOMEOWNERS DO NOT CHANGE THE LOCKS
According to recent research, moving up or onto the property ladder is one of life's most nerve wracking experiences. Buying or selling a
property was listed as more stressful than divorce or redundancy*. While you may have a large 'to-do' list already, ensuring your property is
safe & secure should always be made top priority.
A new property may be one of the most expensive assets ever owned, which makes securing a new home all the more important. Whether a homeowner or landlord, ensuring the property is safe and secure can not only add value to the property, but can save money and heartache in the long term. Statistics show that over two thirds of homeowners* do not change the locks when moving in, despite the risk of previous residents & family, or even tradespeople may still have keys to their home. Changing the locks should therefore be a top priority after moving in. It is worth considering having a locksmith perform a security assessment. This review will ensure the correct locks on windows and doors, keeping the property safe and also meeting specific insurance requirements.
A locksmith may also identify any vulnerable areas that require maintenance. Here at NØKKEL we can carry out a security assessment free
of charge. It probably comes as no surprise to learn that burglars prefer the cover of darkness so, installing dusk till dawn lights on the property can act as a deterrent to potential thieves.
If moving home or selling the property is not on the agenda, consider using a number in inexpensive, yet effective tools to give the illusion
that the property is occupied. Using fake tv's and timed lighting can be an effective deterrent. Reviewing external security is crucial, overgrown hedges holes, or damage to any fences and gates could be seen as opportunities to gain access to the property. Moving into a new home is an expensive time for all new home buyers however, scrimping on the cost of security can result in further cost in the long term.